How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have attempted for over two years to get the East Valley

Customer Question

I have attempted for over two years to get the East Valley Tribune to stop delivering complimentary newspapers on my driveway. Discussed with customer service at least 20 times and other calls to local and corporate management. I still receive the newspaper periodically. The last vocie mail from the company indicated that the route had been taken from the carrier. Three weeks later, I received a newspaper on my driveway.

What legal recource do I have to force this company from stopping the delivery of a newspaper I do not want and am not a subscriber to?

I do not know where to proceed with to resolve since the company is either completely incompetent or willfully dishonest about all prior promises to stop delivery.

Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Have you been billed for the paper or have you been receiving the paper for free?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I was a subscriber for 10 years and cancelled in August, 2007 because the carrier was throwing the newspaper on the sidewalk/street. No longer billed, the paper is delivered free but when I'm gone on vacation, I do not want newspapers delivered in my absence.


After cancelling the subscription, I have periodically received the newspaper even though I have called many, many times and spoke to Customer Service, Director of Circulation, Corporate Hqtrs in California and recently another local executive who informed me the route had been removed from the carrier.


There is something very wrong with this company but believe it is financially distressed and desperate to improve circulation.

Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
So long as you are not being billed, there is no fraud being committed and there is no actual injury to you besides inconvenience.

However you can send them a certified letter warning them of an injunction that would demand them to stop delivery. If they persist, take them to court, get an injunction, and if they continue, get the court to fine them of contempt of court by disregarding the court decree, and possibly even demand punitive damages.

On a personal note, I had a similar situation with a major magazine publication--sent them a certified letter detailing the option of an injunction, and the magazine delivery stopped as if with a light-switch.


Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
will I be able to print after I provide payment?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
You should be able to. However I always advise to cut and paste the text onto a separate file, just in case.


Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.

Related Legal Questions