How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 38897
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

So I just recently found out that my boyfriend is cheating

Resolved Question:

So I just recently found out that my boyfriend is cheating one and I want to keep him away from my house and my kids. However, he has been living in my house for like 2 years, and appearantly I cant kick him out. He keeps on coming back and harrassing my family. But his ecuse is he wants to see his kids and he lives there. What should I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

You can evict your boyfriend, the same as any other tenant. You could request a domestic abuse protective order, if you can show a credible threat to the children or yourself. But, otherwise, you'll have to evict him.


Conversely, your boyfriend can get custody orders to permit him to exercise custody over the children (assuming that the children are issue of your relationship).


Your boyfriend could also claim an equitable interest in the value of the property, if he has been paying part of the mortgage, and that amount is more than what fair market value rent would be. But, he will have to prove this, or he would have no interest in the property.


For a landlord-tenant lawyer referral, see: and


Hope this helps.



Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.



socrateaser and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions