How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to file a motion to dismiss a party in federal court.

Customer Question

I need to file a motion to dismiss a party in federal court. What motion do I need to find and where do I find such a form?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
There is no standard form. You have to draft it yourself if you are an individual or retain an attorney if you are a corp. Here you would have already filed your answer unless you are contesting jurisdiction so use the same heading. Instead of answer put in motion to dismiss and then your reasons. In Federal Court you really need an attorney. Here is one from another case