How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lisa M. Your Own Question
Lisa M.
Lisa M., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 111
Experience:  3 years experience as general practioner.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lisa M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My exhusband and I filed a divorce in China years ago. By then

Customer Question

My exhusband and I filed a divorce in China years ago. By then both of us were still Chinese. now he wants to file a divorce in US as he is concerned that there is no divorce record in US. But I am already married again. How should I deal with this? Your help will be really appreciated. Thanks and have a good night.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lisa M. replied 8 years ago.

If you were not married in the United States, you do not need to file for divorce here. You're Chinese divorce should be sufficient.

Best regards, XXXXX
Thank you for your JustAnswer request. Please be advised that since each State has different laws, I am not able to give you a complete answer that a local attorney may provide. Additionally, this answer does not constitute legal advice and there no attorney-client relationship between us. You understand that Lisa M. is providing this information for the sole purpose of helping you to seek and find legal counsel in your particular state.