How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is using marijuana. Can I legally leave the house

This answer was rated:

My husband is using marijuana. Can I legally leave the house with my children to go live with my mother and seek a divorce, or should I stay with my husband while I go about requesting a divorce
<p>DearCustomer- Of course you can leave the house. if your husband is violating the law your should not expose your children to this activity. There is no law against you leaving. Assuming your mother lives in the same jurisdiction you can file for your divorce from there immediately. If she does not you should list your residence as your home and base you leaving on the criminal activity.</p><p> </p><p>Your other option is to stay in your house and file for divorce and ask the court for exclusive use of the premises due to your husband's illegal activity. The court will then make your husband move and permit you to stay in the house with your children. In any event, you need to take control of the situation.</p><p> </p><p>Dave Kennett</p>
Dave Kennett and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much for the advice!
No problem and thanks for using our service - Dave