Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I blew my back out on march 21 2009 and had surgery on my back

Customer Question
august 28, 2009. I know...
I blew my back out on march 21 2009 and had surgery on my back august 28, 2009. I know I will not be able to go back and continue working in construction.. I was a glazier and that invovles lifting very heavy pieces of commercial glass contiously..and my doctors has told me to find another line of work.. and i have been told by people that if im not able to go bact to my old job that if I wanted to go back to school they would have to pay for it.. I am now on workmans comp and doing rehab on my back.. is this an option that they help pay for me to go back o school
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/1/2009
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What city and state do you live in?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
I live in phoenix, arizona
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
There is potential here under the comp law in your situation to allow for retraining here.If you have a comp lawyer this would be a major push by our lawyer for such retraining based on your situation in this matter.You very much have good facts to seek such compensation..

In the State of Arizona, workers compensation is administered under a 'no fault' protocol so that employees who are injured on the job are furnished with compensation and medical benefits as needed, regardless of who was the cause of the job site accident or illness.

In the case of an accident or illness which is job related, the injured employee--called an applicant or claimant is provided with medical assistance and may get compensation for lost wages. The eligibility requirements must be met before the benefits are paid, and the compensation is intended to be temporary.

Depending on the nature of the injury and the potential for an eligible claimant to recover from the accident or injury, there is the potential for the claimant to get compensation benefits that are permanent. In this instance, the worker may be offered the opportunity to acquire job retraining, so as to fit them for an appropriate alternative job.this is appropriate in your case because of your injury and your prior occupation.

Ray, Lawyer

So do I need to hire a lawyer in order for me to get this. or can i go through Zurich insurance which is my workmans comp insurance and ask if they can assist me with this..

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Your call here. You can try yourself and see what they say and go from there..
Ray, Lawyer