How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20357
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Neighbor parking over the property line. Im having a problem

This answer was rated:

Neighbor parking over the property line.

I'm having a problem with my neighbor @ 932 Butterfly Falls Ct

A year or so ago he stated parking vehicles off his driveway and towards the property line.

About the same time he asked me if I knew where the line was. I pointed it out to's easy enough to see the markers. He said the he didn't think that was right.

Over time he parked closer & closer and finally over.

I call city compliance and they told him not to park off the driveway. All was well.

Now he's parking over the line again and working on his jetskis!

I called the city

They said they no longer enforce off driveway parking.

So now I'm stuck.

I called police and got voicemail. No response so far.

I've seen 'no trespass' letters, but I'm not sure that includes vehicles.

I'd like a letter sent to warn him to stay off my property

My recommendation is that you get a copy of your property plat map that shows the property lines and include that in a letter to him that says by parking over the line he is trespassing. Yes, parking his vehicle is trespassing. If he was completely over the line you could have his vehicle towed, but since he is only partially over the line, you cannot. The police should be enforcing the trespassing issue. If he keeps parking their after receiving the letter from you, then you should call the police and show them the plat map and your letter and ask them to cite him for trespassing.
Marsha411JD and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you