How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a sample motion to change venue from Santa Barbara county

Customer Question

I need a sample motion to change venue from Santa Barbara county to los angeles County, CA for a contract lawsuit. I am the defendant. The contract was signed in that county but I live and work in los angeles and would like to at least file the motion and hope for the best. If you can email me the sample motion with [email protected] that would be great
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
These are difficult to get unless you can prove one or all of the following:

Grounds under which venue can be changed include:

  • The case was filed in the wrong court
  • An impartial trial cannot be had in the original court
  • Witness convenience and the ends of justice are promoted by the transfer
  • No judge of the court is qualified to act
  • The case involves the state, city, county, or local agency

Changing venue does not terminate the case, it merely moves it to a different court.


These are sample forms for ventura county but you can modify for your county. They are offered by the California self-help aids:



Change of Venue

Memorandum of Points and Authorities in Support of Motion for Change of Venue (DOC, 42 KB) (Source: Moodle This is an external link. Click this icon for our external linking <a href=policy." width="10" height="10"/>)


Motion for Change of Venue (Rev. 8/23/2007) (prepared by the Ventura Courts Self-Help Legal Access Center This is an external link. Click this icon for our external linking policy.)


Order for Change of Venue (Rev. 8/23/2007) (prepared by the Ventura Courts Self-Help Legal Access Center)





Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated. To request me for future questions, please begin your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.


Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the P&A would work, however the judicial form is not what I need as I found it already on the net and it appears to be a judicial form not used anywhere else, (certainly not in los angeles county as I looked.   I REALLY need a pleading for the motion and order not this form. before I post I do my homework and see what's available on the web before I ask and I also know that's it a stretch that I will win. having read the civil code.
Actually it's for a friend who is writing this for her husband, he is a fireman and he HAS to be on call for his job and it would jeopardize his job (he is a captain).

Anyway the judicial form is not going to work. I need a pleading for it and not this form.
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
I see, I will opt out to see if someone else can assist. We are not a document preparation site, so I personally cannot provide you with the pleading since I don't have all information at hand. Maybe someone else who can assist will interject.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok . I am not requesting document preparation, you gave me a sample of P%A which works for me. so I am bit baffled why you can't provide me what another like sample unless searching the net is the best you can do.
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
That is as much as we are limited to do. Sorry.