How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

company made an unauthorized charge to my bank account which

Customer Question

company made an unauthorized charge to my bank account which caused overdraft charges totaling $120.Company reversed charge to my account.How can I get them to pay me back for the overdraft fees.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 8 years ago.

Good Morning,


Thank you for choosing JustAnswer. I will be glad to help you.


To get someone who knows what they are talking about in Customer Service is like taking a shot in the dark!


Go straight to the top! The president. If it's a large bank and the president is in their corporate Office or hiding somewhere else, ask for the Senior VP or General Manager; get their name and title, write them a nice letter briefly outling what measurs you hav already taken to resole this problem and that you have received no stisfaction. Repeat that the charge was unauthorized and when the bamk realized it, they reversed it. It necessarily follows that if the thing causing the overdraft was removed, the overdraft charges whould also be removed.


Then in a very diplomatic way tell them that you prefer to resolve this amicably, but since no one seems to understand why the $120 overdraft is also illegal, they will force you to assert your rights in a legal forum and tell someone who uderstands the illegality (A judge) to Order them to reverse the charge. You will also publicize what they have put you through all because of their mistake.


That should light a fire under them!


I hope I have clarified your options. Kindly pess the "ACCEPT" button so that I may receive credit for my work. Leaving positive feedback is always appreciated.


Thank you and Good Luck!


ANDREA - Attorney at Law & Legal Expert

Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 8 years ago.



Is there any other information you would like me to consider?


Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for my work


Thank you


ANDREA - Attorney at Law