How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask David C. Garner Your Own Question
David C. Garner
David C. Garner, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1036
Experience:  JD with Distinction, Admitted to practice in California
Type Your Legal Question Here...
David C. Garner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get creditrs to recgnize that the debts they are

Customer Question

How can I get creditrs to recgnize that the debts they are dogging me for were assigned to my ex-wife as part of my divorce decree? Or, failing that, wha laws need to be changed to make this possible? The attorneys for the creditors have been just as abusive as my ex-wife and it is wrong, maybe not legally, but morally.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  David C. Garner replied 8 years ago.
Good luck. Unfortunately the assignment by the court is not binding on them if they were joint accounts. Your only recourse is to pay the bills and then sue your ex-wife.

It sux, I know.

I hope this helps. It's frustrating at best.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok.....what laws allow them to igno a court order? And can you be specific?

Related Legal Questions