How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how to obtain grandparents rights as my daughter and the farther

Resolved Question:

how to obtain grandparents rights as my daughter and the farther have left one child in my care for almost 3 years and are now having trouble in their realationship which could cause them to try and keep them from me
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
Good Evening,

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer. I will be glad to help.

I will need a bit more information from you, okay?

1) Why do the parents leave their children with you. do they work, or are they unable to care for them?

2) Does your daughter agree with the father of the children about taking them out of your care?

I think you probably give them the proper care and the care that they deserve, however, I have to know what your daughters thoughts are on the subject because if both parents are in agreement, it would present a more difficult task; I am not saying it would be impossible, because if neither parent is capable of caring for the children, you might have a good chance of being awarded temporary custody, at least,but I need more information.   

I will await your reply.

In the meantime, please press the "ACCEPT" button so that I may receive credit for my work.

Thank you

ANDREA - Attorney at Law & Legal Expert
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
my daughter had the affiar and the 2 month old my not be his but no dna has been done and she dosen't want one but the father was in Iraq for a year but had 2 visits home in that time . the oldest one has been in my care since he was 2 weeks old and my daughter has not said that they were not going to allow me to care for them anymore ,but the father got on the phone yelled a lot of stuff to me on the phone and a lot of I really want to protect my grandchildren
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.


Where both parents are around, it is difficult to get custody, even temporary custody


1) Am I correct in that you are seeking a custody type arrangement and not the usual grandparent rights of visitation?


2) Still need information as to why the children are left with you, Do both mother and father of the children work?


3) Is the father still in Iraq? If not, does he work during the day


I will await your reply.


Please click the "ACCEPT" key so that I may receive cedit for my work.


Thank you.




Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the father does nothing but class to futher his emt and works part time for ambulance service and my daughter works in the day time but they still leave them with me during the week ,I just want to know that they can't keep me from seeing them sience I have raised the oldest one this far
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 8 years ago.

Thank you again for your reply,


They cannot prevent you from seeing your grandchildren. You are the grandparents and, as such, have right to visit them and even have them overnight.


If anything, you have been the only stabel pillar in their lives and given your facts, I cannot imagine any court denying you those rights. Remember, most people, like the children's father purposely misstate the law to frighten the other person into submission, or to refrain from taking some action that will bother them. You are in the right and do not allow the father to intimidate you in any way. Quite honestly, they should be paying you - where else and who else would love the children as much as you do, take care of them, really worry about them, be there night and day or them!!!


Thank you for allowing me to be of help. Kindly click on the "ACCEPT" button so that I may receive credit for my work. Positive feedback, Bonus, etc. are always appreciated.


If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to contact me.


Thank again and Good Luck!


ANDREA - Attorney at Law & Legal Expert

Andrea, Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: Other
please just refund to my paypal account I have already found someone to help me locally thank you