How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Payroll deducted over maximum amount on FTB Vehicle Registration

Customer Question

Payroll deducted over maximum amount on FTB Vehicle Registration order in California. Amount on order $150, received order on July 6th. Employee never received their copy of the order. Payroll failed to enter the maximum amount, resulting in the system calculating to take a deduction of 25% of disposable earnings. 1st paycheck deduction = $350 occured on July 10 2nd paycheck deduction of $350 on July 17. For a grand total of $550 over withheld. What recourse does an employee have when their employer doesn't do what they MUST do as per instructions on the order? p.s. Employer will not issue a check to employee, regardless of the payroll error.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
If the employer will not issue a check based on the employee's word, the employee needs to obtain written clarification of what the employer needs in order to properly adjust the deduction schedule and refund the employee's money.