How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 57686
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Alaska. A few years ago, I had a Court Judgement

Resolved Question:

I live in Alaska. A few years ago, I had a Court Judgement for a debt I owed. The court had been garnishing my Alaska PFD checks for what I owed, and based on what I saw on the Court website, I finally finished paying it off last year.

Today, I receive a packet for Discovery Request in Aid of Execution from the Attorney that originally filed the claim. Why would I still need to worry about this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
If the judgment is not fully paid off through the garnishment, the creditor is entitled to pursue other avenues for collection and you would need to respond to the discovery demands issued unless you work out a settlement which would come in place of such enforcement and investigation.
INFOLAWYER and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you