Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My son took the SAT the first week of June in NJ It will

Customer Question
My son took the SAT...
My son took the SAT the first week of June in NJ

It will soon ne 8/1/09.

They are checking hs scores. There is a difference that shows an increase.We expect

I can't get them to tell me the score. By Sept he has to take the exam again. I want his score now. Can I sue and compel them to release teh score and promulgate it so we don't pay for it again and he is forced to take it. Can't we ask a judge to have it released?

Funny they said to my wife..for free he can take it again..Isn't this nuts...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
8/1/2009
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question .Yes SAT like everyone here gets sued . You could try this if you think the informationis avaialable here. A court order would require them to produce it. You can certianly file a lawuit and seek this information through court order. I understand how frustrating this can be here. You will probably need a local lawyer to pursue this. I wish you good luck in this matter..

Reference..

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/scores/late.html
I know I can sue. The reponse that I need a local attorney is unacceptable. I was looking for more input. Is there specifics on previous case law compelling SAT to release the score
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Prior litigation. They get sued all the time for various screw ups..

· College Board President is Sorry - Newsinferno.com

4/12/2006 3:16:00 PM | SAT Scoring Debacle Prompts Apology by College Board President
Comments:(0)
The President of the College Board has apologized for the scoring errors on the October 2005 SAT Exams. Over 5000 students are known to be affected; while a few received higher grades than they should have, most were downgraded, some by as much as 25%. This may have drastically altered many of these students' lives, regarding college admi...
Read More

· First Lawsuit Filed Over SAT Errors - CBS News

4/8/2006 5:15:00 PM | First Suit Over SAT Scoring Errors
Comments:(0)
A Minnesota high school student has become the first to file a lawsuit against the College Board and Pearson Educational Measurement, concerning the scoring errors that occurred on this year's SAT exams. The intent is to make this into a class action suit. The errors are blamed on quality control issues, the result of a sharply increased ...
Read More

· Errors on October 2005 SAT Exams Revealed - Newsinferno.com

3/25/2006 9:22:00 AM | College Board Admits Hundreds of Grading Errors on SAT Exam
Comments:(0)
Thousands of SAT tests taken in October 2005 were incorrectly graded, according to the College Board which administers the tests. While some (about 600) received higher grades than they should have, many more (over 4400) were downgraded. This is expected to have a devastating effect on many students, who may be denied entry to the school of their c...
Read More

· ETS Agrees to Pay $11.1 million to Victims of Teacher Testing Score Errors - New York Times
3/14/2006 11:19:00 PM | Case Involving Errors in Teacher Test Is Settled
Comments:(0)
A class action lawsuit was filed by hundreds of teachers who received incorrect test scored on their teacher licensing exams from Educational Testing Servce (ETS). ETS has now agreed to pay over $11 million in damages to settle the case, compensating individuals who lost job opportunities, potential pay and sufered after receiving the bad test scor...
Ray, Lawyer