How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41611
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi! I was wondering if someone applied for medical and became

Resolved Question:

Hi! I was wondering if
someone applied for medical and became qualified but then later changes their minds and wants to get out of medi-cal and get long term care insurance what is the process to discontue medi-cal benefits?Do we a need a lawyer for this ? what about the transfer of the house?If it gets transferred back to to the original owners who appllied for medi-cal are there any tax penalities? What is the penality? what is the process of canceling and discontinuing medi-cal benefits? Consequences to face
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You have the right to revoke your medi-cal here by notifying your case worker. You probably wouldn't qualify for long term care insurance here if they are already in a nursing home. If you transfer this back to the medical folks the state may try to do estate recovery once they decease.

I am not sure you want to do this here. The medi-cal would continue to pay for long term care until you cancel. I would discuss with local elder law lawyer before I didi anything here. You want one that is NAELA certified. Here is reference. Don't fool with anyone without certification here as ther are many minefields potentially.

Ray and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you