MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

i am paying rent in my building. I am looking to hook up my

Customer Question

i am paying rent in my building. I am looking to hook up my tv to the dish network. The landlord says that he does not want any dishes on the roof or any dishes on the windowsills. He then tells me that i can only use time warner cable. Is this legal? is he allowed to tell me that i have to use a certain service? i checked my lease there is nothing in there about using a certain cable company. Maybe he has a deal with time warner? i do not know? What are my rights here> i could put the dish out the back window away from the street facing behind the building noone would see it.
Expert:  MShore replied 8 years ago.
While the landlord has the right to forbid the placement of a dish on the exterior of the building, he does not have the right to dictate which cable company you can select.