How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42880
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I believe I was falsely fired from my job. They called it gross

Resolved Question:

I believe I was falsely fired from my job. They called it gross misconduct. I was never warned of this misconduct, or given any kind of suspension or anything. I was fired a week after the supposed incident happened do you think I have a case to sue for my job back or what can I do?? I was awarded unemployment.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You may well have a claim here for wrongful termination. If you were singled out for disparate treatment--that is they treated you differently here than others consider filing with EEOC/DOL as well.

This might help your claim here if they find in your favor.Your lawyer could cite the complaint here in the demand letter for money. Try the demand letter---this is pretty cheap and you can see if they offer your job back/money , etc. I wish you good luck here..
Ray and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Ray replied 8 years ago.
Cheap legitimate lawyer referal through your state bar..

How does your phone service work?

Call(NNN) NNN-NNNNor toll free(NNN) NNN-NNNN the referral clerk will need only basic information (your name, address, brief description of legal need) and will then refer you to a lawyer in the geographic area requested. (All information provided will be treated as strictly confidential.)

You will contact the referred lawyer’s office to make an appointment at a time that is convenient for you. The lawyer will not contact you. Be sure you tell the lawyer you were referred by the IllinoisLawyerFinder phone service so you will receive the special rate for the first half-hour.

After the initial consultation, you are under no obligation to proceed with the referred lawyer if additional service is needed. It is up to you to authorize the lawyer to proceed on your behalf.

How much does the lawyer charge?

Again, the lawyer has agreed to provide a half-hour consultation for a fee not to exceed $25. It is up to you to contact the lawyer for an appointment. Be sure you tell the lawyer that you were referred by the IllinoisLawyerFinder phone service so you will receive the half-hour consultation as described above. You are not obligated to hire the lawyer, and the lawyer is not obligated to represent you. If you decide to make another appointment with the lawyer or authorize the lawyer to take action to assist you with your legal problem, be sure to discuss the fee for further services."