How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am wanting to start a mothers day out program at our church

Resolved Question:

I am wanting to start a mothers day out program at our church just 2 days a week. I live in Texas I am trying to find out what kind of quidelines I will need to follow
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
I would recommend that you contact your local city hall for the local ordinance laws as there maybe permits you require to do an outing in your community. It would be difficult to pull out local information here.

Legal mentor
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I guess i was more worried about state than I was local if I only have the program 2 days a week for 6 hrs a day do I have to be licensened

Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
Please clarify what services you would be offering?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
we would have children from 6 months - 5 years old they would be taught a bible lesson and have craft time they would need to bring their own lunch we would provide a snack they would have play time and also nap time it would start 9 am and end at 2 pm
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Pursuant to Texas code 42.041 a license nor a certification to operate is necessary for a day-care service that is connected to a religious organization. However the catch is that the amount of time should not be more than two hours per day. If you are planning to provide a 9 to 2 service, a license is necessary.

Please review section 42.041 in the link below. This defines when a license is or is not required.

Licensing information is below:

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated.


Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you