How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Professional Your Own Question
Legal Professional
Legal Professional, Lawyer.
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1170
Experience:  JD, 10 years representing clients, 75+ Trials
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legal Professional is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work in childcare and have had allegations made against me

Customer Question

I work in childcare and have had allegations made against me by a fellow work collegue about me Abusing children in my care, I have being handed a suspendion notice pending futher investigation and am to present myself for questioning tomorrow. I was asked to leave the centre on by own or the police would be called to remove me. The children wre upset as I was not allowed to talk to anyone at the Centre - staff and children alike. I need some advice on how to appoach this one properly. Thanks.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legal Professional replied 8 years ago.
<p>Because these allegations could cost you or job, and even lead to criminal charges (even if not true) you need to deal with this very carefully.</p><p> </p><p>Generally, you should get an attorney as soon as possible, who can assist you with answering any questions, as well as protecting you from charges being filed. A good attorney would meet with you and go with you to any questioning. Further, he or she will find out ahead of time what the allegations are, and help you prove you were not involved in abuse.</p><p> </p><p>This is not the kind of problem you can deal with yourself. Anything you say during questioning by the employer or other officials or police can and will be used against you. A good source of attorneys is <a href=""</a>
Legal Professional, Lawyer.
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1170
Experience: JD, 10 years representing clients, 75+ Trials
Legal Professional and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Andrew Thompson replied 8 years ago.

Consulting and retaining an attorney to help you protect your rights is wise. You should do this before you have answered questions that may later be used to make a case against you - either in terminating you from employment or possibly in criminal charges. There is a lot at stake for you.


Be diligent and don't delay. I would recommend consulting either or to help you find the right attorney.


This answer provides information on the law and not legal advice, no attorney-client relationship is created by these communications. If you have further questions, please submit and I will respond.