Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a lease on a trailer. in a trailer park.( Licking county

Customer Question
I have a lease on...
I have a lease on a trailer. in a trailer park.( Licking county ohio) Lot rent is 250 a month, lease payment on trailer is 250 a month. I moved in 2005. lease is for 8 yrs. moved in 2005. $500.oo a month was (and is stated in lease aggrement) to cover   trailer payment , lot rent,trash,water,sewer. Last year I was told i now had to pay for sewer.Started out at $35 A month ,now it's $45. Can the park owens do this? Park owers also party i lease trailer from.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/1/2009
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

First off - I am sorry this has happened to you. Let me tell you what your options are.

First off, was the previous the agreement in writing? Is the new one?
no new agreement
Ok, but is the ORIGINAL agreement in writing?
Yes it is.
They can only ask for what is in the contract, but can change their rates if the contract ends and it becomes a separate agreement.

For example: If we agree that I charge you $5 per month from May to July, I can ONLY charge you $5 for those three months. BUT, if after July, I suddenly demand $8, I can, since we're past the contract.

In other words, if they are demanding more money and you're still under contract, point it out to them and say "No, we have a contract, and I won't pay more, and if you try to evict me, I'll sue for breach of contract, negligence, and fraud."

That outta stop them.

Best of luck, and don't forget to press ACCEPT.

---

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is

the only way for me to be paid for my work. Your question will not close, and you will still have the

opportunity to follow-up if and I would be happy to answer any and all of the follow up questions.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other

customers or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does does not give you the outcome or the choices

you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 or beginning your question with “This Question is for Eli - ”
The park mrg.Did say the park has new ownes, but will not give my any info on them, and we never did a new agreement ,is there some other way for me to find out the owners?
Sure - what's the name of the company - let me try.

Please press ACCEPT by the way - I'll still be here to follow up, but since I've answered your question, I'd like to get credit for it from JA :)
all i know is Leisure Village MHP,Buckeye Lake.Ohio last know owers W&P PROPERTIES.
I am initiating a legal search to find you the contact info and should have it in a moment, but honestly, I would still ask that you press accept since I answered your previous question.
Ely, Counselor at Law
Leisure Village Mobile House Park is company which has parks in many states. Their headquarters are located in Georgia. Ohio is just a local branch.

Here is their contact info:
XXXXX
Augusta, GANNN-NN-NNNN(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Keep in mind this might be just a larger branch, but this is all the info I could find - but if they say "we're just a DBA" then ask for their headquarters. They are OBLIGATED to tell you. If they don't, threaten to call the BBB.

I wish you the best of luck...
Thank You,
You're welcome and good luck! Don't forget to press ACCEPT to close out the question or if you have any other ones.
Ely, Counselor at Law