How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

after years of complaints to the city about the neighbor cat

Customer Question

after years of complaints to the city about the neighbor cat lady, cats and the odor the city refused to so much about it. Even with the ill effects the odors had on my parents health. As soon as the cat lady died the city has now condemed the house. They refused to do anything before because the cat lady had worked f or the city. Is this wrong to wait, is there any legal recourse?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I understand and appreciate your frustration.

What occurred is what's called "selective enforcement."

So long as the "selective enforcement" wasn't because of one's membership in a legally-protected group such as race, age, gender, etc., the City's actions were not illegal and there's not a darn thing you can do about it (except elect new city leadership).

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!