Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

when you have been evicted, and have replaced appliances and

Customer Question
when you have been...
when you have been evicted, and have replaced appliances and added some that are installed in the house can you legally remove them? IE: garbage disposal, dishwasher and microwave all are attached and are still being paid for in the state of Iowa
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
7/1/2009
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question. If these are your appliances--you paid for them then to me you have the right to remove them here. You would be liable for any damages. But if you paid for them then you are their owner.

I would try to resolve this here. the problem is that if you have actually been evicted then to get them back here would involve trespassing to do so you are going to have try for some kind of resolution with the landlord. If you haven't been actually thrown out here yet then you can recover your appliances.

You can file in small claims here for the value of the appliances that you lost here and get judgment, this might be the better approach..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

these appliances are not portable! they have been installed in the home as a permanent item
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Well if they were purchased by you to me you have good title to them I understand that you have installed them . To me you may have a better claim in small claims here for the value of them I wish you good luck here..
I dont feel that your answer is legally correct and therefore do not agree to pay for your answer. thank you for your time.
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
I'll opt out so that you can seek some more free advice from others
I want a real estate lawyer to answer my questions.
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Tululla,

The appliances that you replaced were worth more than what was there originally?
Ely, Counselor at Law