How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42861
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex wife has custody of our 2 children ages 8 and 10. She

This answer was rated:

My ex wife has custody of our 2 children ages 8 and 10. She lives with her boyfriend 300 miles away from me. My ex is an alcoholic and I suspect that she is being admitted for treatment by her boyfriend. I have been told that my ex wife has instructed everyone(older children) to not tell me when this happens because she does not want to lose custody.   Her older children (now living with their father) have been brought back to their mother for a family emergency. I found this out by reading one of the older child's facebook posts. My phone calls to everyone are not being answered. I am getting married in less than 2 weeks and was waiting until after the wedding to file for custody. I believe this is an urgent situation.   I would like to file an emergency transfer of custody and pick up my children ASAP.    Do I have legal ground?   Do I need to prove she is in treatment? How would I get that proof if no one is talking to me?
Thanks for your question. You can file here and seek records through the court. You may also call the famil;y memebers here and force them to either all lie under oath or admit that she is in treatment.

To me this may be the best time for you to seek custody as she is real vulnerable here. A lawyer would greatly assist your case and may be able to force release of medical records through discovery here.I think that one way or another you can force some confession of her true condition and I wish you good luck ..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Ray and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you