How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im trying to leave my husband. We are seperated, Ive talked

Resolved Question:

Im trying to leave my husband. We are seperated, I've talked to other men during this period could he take my children?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
Custody is decided by the court based on the best interests of the children. Both parents have an equal Constitutional right to their children. If one parent can present evidence that the children are better off with them then that is the way the judge will go. Talking to other men will not in of itself have an effect on custody.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am aware of a packet to file divorce under amicable terms, he will not negotiate at this point. I am somewhat in fear, would it be bette to just hire a lawyer?
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
Based on your optional information that just showed up you should retain an attorney.
lwpat and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you