How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37666
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good Evening I would like to know if there has been any

Resolved Question:

Good Evening

I would like to know if there has been any new laws pertaining to a Divorce.My son is having problems negotiating with his spose ;

They have been living apart for two years .and have been married for 20 yrs .There marriage was a disaster from day one ,my son has tried every thing to compromise to save his marriage ,they have two daughters 18 & 17 yrs of age He has provided for all in every way .

His wife did absolutely nothing to better her self in all 20 yrs of marriage and now that my son has become successful thru hard work and sacrifices she wants his money ,I can't go thru all details and of course i want to be fare unfortunately she does'nt deserve half of his wealth he has already given her a $2million dollar home and all other amenities I cannot describe .

My main concern is my son's health he is tired and exhausted she battles him and has abused himfor 20 years how can you advise me so that I can help my son and his daughters this woman has taken him for afool
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good evening,

I'm very sorry to hear of your son's dilemma.

Certainly your son, with his financial means, has a good family law attorney working for him, if not a couple of attorneys. With a home worth a couple of million dollars, to be fighting a crazy woman is a divorce without an attorney is financial suicide.

Under most circumstances, if they have been married 20 years she will be entitled to roughly half of the value of the marital estate. There simply is no way around it, regardless of how big a witch she may have been all these years.

Your son needs to turn all of this stress over to a qualified divorce attorney to handle. Beyond that there isn't much that can be done. Time will bring all the issues to a conclusion.

I wish you and your son the best.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,


LawTalk and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you