How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41499
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have someone staying in my husbands house who has never

Resolved Question:

I have someone staying in my husband's house who has never been asked to pay rent, and now that we wish to move into that house, he is refusing to leave. How do we go about getting him out of there and how long would this process take us??

Cornwall, On
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You would give him a notice here to end the month to month tenancy and then file for eviction. The notice may force him to move on in this situation. If not then you file eviction suit and seek an order of eviction. The court would hold hearing and then evict here. I am sorry that you have to go through all this but that is the process involved in getting him out. Here are forms in the matter to use..
Ray and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions