LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

i got a ticket and he wrote that my car is a trans am not a

i got a ticket and he wrote that my car is a trans am not a firebird will that get the ticket dismised
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good evening,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

I'm, afraid that the misidentification of the make of your car on the ticket is not fatal to the ticket. The ticket is still valid--however, you may have a good opportunity to beat the ticket based on an argument that the police officer can not identify you, or your vehicle, as the offending party. Particularly as he was looking for a Trans Am and not a Firebird.

I urge you to fight this ticket, and I wish you well.

Best regards,

Doug

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

a guy that used to be my friend called them and said that i was driving wreacklessly the cops did not even see my car out that night

i got the ticket the next day does that matter?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good evening,

Traffic tickets are typically issued based on the officer actually witnessing the behavior ticketed. Unless he saw you driving recklessly, the ticket is likely invalid. The fact that you got the ticket the next day is incredible! Fight it.

I wish you well.

Best regards,

Doug