How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My home is currently in foreclosure, & every person I have

This answer was rated:

My home is currently in foreclosure, & every person I have talked to at my mortgage company, including 4 different "supervisors," has given me a different reinstatement amount. I send via Federal Express what I was told was the full reinstatement amount on 6/15, only to be told on 6/23 that the amount was incorrect. I was told today that my check was put in the mail on 6/26 to be returned to me. I have documented every call I have made to the mortgage company over the last 6 weeks, including exactly who I spoke to, their employee number, the time of day the call was made, & exactly what I was told to do. The "supervisors" I have spoken to all have given me different instructions to follow, & although I have asked repeatedly for an itemized statement to be faxed or emailed, no one has. How can I possibly send the money to reinstatement my loan if they will send no documentation & every time I call I get a different amount? Must I tape my calls to them as well? Please advise.

You need to get a foreclosure attorney to assist you with this. You can get an official statement as to the payofff request. If what you have tendered is the proper amount the attorney should be able to get the foreclosure stopped or at least file a counterclaim on your behalf. Since you have documentatin to support your communication with the lender this will be of great assistance.


You do not to tappe call. You need to get the name of ach person you talked to. Take notes as to what they have said. Most lenders keep a record of the calls.


It is not uncommon for lenders to have significant servicing issues. Your attorney can capitalize on some of these errors.



If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.


This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Jack R. and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you