How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lady Themis Your Own Question
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7751
Experience:  General practice experience in many areas of law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lady Themis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

upon receiving this letter it states within 21 days judgement

Resolved Question:

upon receiving this letter it states within 21 days judgement will be finally unless a appeal or a motion for a new trial is set
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lady Themis replied 8 years ago.
What is your question exactly?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I would like to know what are the options for dealing with this matter .

do to the fact that i dont have a full amount for the judgement being awarded.

Expert:  Lady Themis replied 8 years ago.
If you want to contest the judgment and prevent the creditor from collecting on it, you would have to either appeal the judgment because of some error in the application of the law or motion the court for a new trial. Otherwise, these rights will expire after 21 days, and the creditor can start collecting from you via wage garnishment, judgment liens, etc.

You can also contact the creditor or its attorney and ask that they agree to a mutually acceptable payment plan rather than having to pay the judgment in full.

Lady Themis and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you