How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Colin M. Page Your Own Question
Colin M. Page
Colin M. Page, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 159
Experience:  10+ years employment and commercial law experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Colin M. Page is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed a complaint with Walmart concerning sexual harassment

Resolved Question:

I filed a complaint with Walmart concerning sexual harassment from a fellow employee. They filed reports and told me it was taken care of. They wouldn't tell me what was done, and made a joke about it. i have been harassed by the management ever since. I found out recently that nothing was done to this person. I still have to work right next to this person and have to deal with him being in my department flirting with the other women. I over heard him telling another employee how when someone comes after him he gets even and he will make sure this person is fired. I'm am tired of this and need to now what options I have.
Thank you,
Catherine Brandon
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Colin M. Page replied 8 years ago.



If you feel that you're being harassed because you made a complaint and that you continue to work in a hostile environment, you could bring a claim for sex harassment and retaliation.


Depending on the state you're in, you may be able to go directly to state court. Otherwise, you would need to file a complaint with the EEOC. If you don't want to try to hire a local attorney, you can go directly to the EEOC. Here is the site with information on filing a charge.


Good luck!




Please press the Green "Accept" button so that I can be paid for answering your question.




The term "expert" used by this site is for its own purposes and is not recognized or supported by any Bar or legal organization. Although I have trained in employment law and practiced it exclusively for over ten years, I do not claim to be an "expert."


The responses provided are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. In order to obtain legal advice you must contact an attorney licensed to practice law in your state. Because this is a public forum, there is no attorney-client relationship and your questions and my answers are not confidential or subject to the attorney client privilege.

Colin M. Page and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you