Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

request to see the law saying that a minor child should NOT

Customer Question
be left alone un attendes...
request to see the law saying that a minor child should NOT be left alone un attendes by an adult or grown up
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/1/2009
Lawyer: Nadia, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Nadia
Nadia, Attorney

Hello Khalid,

Thank you for your inquiry. California has not set a minimum age in which children should not be left alone. However, the National SafeKids Campaign recommends that no child under the age of 12 be left alone. More important than the age, it is important to evaluate your child's maturity level to determine whether s/he is responsible enough to be left home alone. To help you make this determination I am including a link to a worksheet developed by the Sierra-Sacremento Regional Child Abuse Prevention Council Coalition. This is a great guideline to help you make that determination.

http://www.sierrasaccoalition.org/homealone.pdf

Once again, I thank you for your inquiry and for this opportunity to assist you. I hope this answer was helpful to you.

Best of Luck!

Nadia

* This advice is for informational purposes only and is not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship.

Nadia
Nadia, Attorney
Nadia
Nadia
Nadia, Attorney