How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I get sued for my dog biting theirs, can they take my car

Resolved Question:

If I get sued for my dog biting theirs, can they take my car? Can I file bankrupsy in Ohio if I co-own property in Alaska. Would bankrupsy dismiss a judgement or would they just wait until I got something they could take, like my fathers house upon his death?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Do you have homeowner's insurance?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm staying with my father to help him out for a while and I'm sure he does. The incident happened acrossed the street. Is it possible that homeowners insurance would cover this? The vet bills, etc?
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 8 years ago.
Yes, it is. I know it sounds crazy but the homeowners policies usually cover it. I recommend contacting the agent ASAP.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
JB Umphrey and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you