How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RBinJax Your Own Question
RBinJax, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 731
Experience:  Attorney for 28 years. Personal injury, Social Security, family, work comp, criminal trial practice.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
RBinJax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 16 yr. old that has been seeing an 11 yr old with

This answer was rated:

I have a 16 yr. old that has been seeing an 11 yr old with the consent of her parents. I know that is not an excuse but now she may be pregnant. What kind of charges could he be facing now? She has been sexually active since the age of twelve and for the record her parents knew I was totally against their relationship before they allowed her to see him. And I told them that he was sexually active.
In what state do you live?
Your Optional Information and Already Tried sections did not appear on you post when I sent the info request so allow me to respond in more detail. You should consult with an attorney for your son immediately. No matter what was said beforehand, in situations such as this the parents of the girl have a major change of heart and memory lapses after they 'discover' that their daughter was having sex, particularly if there is a pregnancy involved.
Your son is at an age where he will be tried as an adult. If the girl is pregnant and goes to a doctor, which will happen eventually, the doctor is going to ask questions, and unless the girl and her parents pleaad ignorance, which the doctor isn't likely to accept, they are going to drop your son's name and the doctor may report him to the police.
Under NCGS 14-27.2, your son may be guilty of First Degree Rape, which is defined as vaginal intercourse with a child who is 13 years of age or younger and the defendant (your son) is at least 12 years of age and is at least 4 years older than the victim. The statute does not speak of consent because a child of that age is presumed to not be able to give consent.
First Degree Rape is a Class B1 felony, punishable by up to 40 years in prison.
Call a criminal law attorney immediately in the morning. Please click Accept so that I may be credited for my assistance. Thank you and good luck.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you so much for the fast response. I will do what you told me to do first thing in the morning. What kind of lawyer should I get to represent my son?
You should look for an experienced criminal law attorney.
I hope this answers your question. Please click Accept so that I may be credited for my answers. Thank you and good luck.
RBinJax and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am so sorry. I thought I did hit the accept button. I apologize for that.