Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Attorney
Experience:  California lawyer since 1976.
11056146

HOW MANY UNRELATED PEOPLE CAN LIVE IN ONE SINGLE FAMILY DWELLING

HOW MANY UNRELATED PEOPLE CAN LIVE IN ONE SINGLE FAMILY DWELLING 4 BEDROOMS
Expert:  Jim Reilly replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer.

What state/county/city is the dwelling in?

Edit: Okay, your optional and already tried information showed up, so I now see that you are in Nevada. What county/city?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

THE STATE IS NEVADA, THE COUNTY IS CLARK, AND THE CITY IS LAS VEGAS, BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE "STATE LAW" SAYS

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Customer/p>

PS I ALSO WANT TO KNOW THE STATE STATUTE

Hello againCustomer

There does not appear to be any Nevada state law restricting the number of residents in private single family homes, regardless of the number of bedrooms.

In 1995, consideration was given to such legislation and the legislative discussion acknowledged that the federal HUD guidelines for subsidized housing restrict the per bedroom occupancy to no more than two adults and one child under six months. However, the legislation then under consideration was not passed.

Although you didn't ask for it, I also checked the Las Vegas Municipal Code and there does not appear to be any occupancy limit there either.

There being neither a state nor a local law restricting the number of residents occupying a single family dwelling, the only restriction on the number of people who can live in any particular home would be when the number of people reached the point that it created a public health hazard. That would almost certainly depend on other factors besides the number of bedrooms.

Thanks for asking your question here on JustAnswer. If you have any other questions, please let me know.