How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just got divorced the legal papers have arrived but the decree

Customer Question

I just got divorced the legal papers have arrived but the decree will not until july 6th. My ex is in the military (army) and when we moved did not support us leaving or hasn't supported us in any finance until i took out some money frmo our joint account which he still recieves BAH for family which is money to live off post and we are not residing with him. right now i live 3 hours away from my mother and just recently let her take them so i may find a job and enroll into college, He hasn't started paying me in child support allamony or the lawyer fee that i paid for. Yet he calls my mother and tells her he thinks he should have taken the kids id on't think it's right for him to harrass my family with personal phone calls and he acts like i am taking money away from him when i haven't i took money out of our joint account because its in both our names and is recieving money for us which we are not getting i am worried he will try to take my children while im trying to get stable?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
What does your divorce say about custody?
Does he have the first right of refusal?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the papers are all final it was all contested. I wanted full custody which was given to me. He has 45 days of visitation rights.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what is the issue is money, he is getting 800 dollars of BAH that he is not giving us, so i've taken money out of our joint account which didn't even equal any where close to the amount he is recieving for us living with him which we aren't. Also we don't get the decree until july 6th. WHen does he have to pay child support? How can i make him stop harrassing my family about my personal matters.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.