How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42222
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters wedding was ruined when the two 40 x 60 tents

This answer was rated:

My daughter's wedding was ruined when the two 40' x 60' tents we rented collapsed the night before the wedding. Thank goodness we had gone to dinner and no one was in the tents at the time. We worked most of the night to get everything moved and reset so we could accommodate the 600 guests that had sent rsvp's. Our only option was to set up in the field next to the tents which gave us no protection from the sun, rain etc. We had thunder storms and rain 3 times during the receptions, guests finally left early because everything was wet and muddy. Decorations were ruined, guest books, table cloths, etc. A second smaller tent we had set next the the large tents was knocked over and ruined when the large tents collapsed. There were also tables and chaired damaged when the tent fell. I need legal advice, I am not sure how to proceed.
Thanks for your question. You would have a civil suit here if the rental company was negligent in setting these up here.The question here would be whether there was negligence here on their part or it was an act of god here with the storms.

If you feel there was negligence here then you sue or send demnd letter to the rental company. You need a lawyer here to send the demand letter and see what action you get off of that. then if no resolution you file a lawsuit if you want your damages in the matter.Throw in your lawyer fees here in your claim..You sure have my sympathy here for all you went through..

1-866-442-2529 or 866-44-CA-LAW
(toll free in California)

(from outside California)

Lawyer Referral Services Program (LRS)
The State Bar of California
XXXXXbr /> San Francisco, CA 94105
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Lawyer referal for you

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Ray and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you