How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Attorney-Business degree from The University of Texas
Type Your Legal Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are my options for assistance in a child custody case

Customer Question

What are my options for assistance in a child custody case if I cannot afford to hire an attorney?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  legaleagle replied 8 years ago.
If you can not afford an attorney you should look into legal aid to see if they will represent you for free or at a reduced rate. If that does not work, try a local law school to see if they have a family law clinic where a student attorney could help you for free. If that fails then try to go to a law library or online and learn as much as possible to represent yourself.