How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 3 grandchildren who live in new york with their father

Resolved Question:

I have 3 grandchildren who live in new york with their father and girlfriend, the kids are 14 almost 13 and 10. I am not allowed to see them, I am the maternal grandmother. Their dads girlfriend has issues with me that she has convinced the father of the kids that I am the reason for all things bad that happen to them. She is a known abuser, treats his kids like dirt, she has 3 boys of her own all with different men, one to my son - in - law who by the way is not divorced from my daughter. I am sorry I am rambling, I am just so heart sick over the dilema of these inocient kids I could just die. I need to know what can I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
Your daughter can file for sole legal custody of the children. If there are signs of abuse, you can report it to CPS and they will investigate. As the grandmother there is little you can do without the participation of your own child.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My daughter is of no help, she is the reason for the break up to start with, she is in a realionship tha he doesn't want the kids in his life. All I want is the right to have contact with those kids and see them maybe twice a year, aren'tthe kids old enough to have a say?
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately not. You can have the visitation of your daughter.
lwpat and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you