How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41620
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get a restraining order for a family member who harrasses

Resolved Question:

Can I get a restraining order for a family member who harrasses me through direct and indirect contact with me and family members. This family member also contacts my spouse and uses this contact to harrass me and in the past has physically touched, hit, verbally abused and made sexual advances towards me. I have asked/demanded this person to stay away from both me and my family but they have not. I am in the state of TX.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for oyur question. You can always file for a civil restraining order with such facts here in Texas. You are going to have to obtain a lawyer here to file and represent in court. you have good facts to do so here and I would encourage you to pursue here. The State Bar of Texas has a lawyer referral service here. You get 1.2 hour consult with a local lawyer for $20. I wish you good luck in the matter..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Ray and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you