How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42873
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Grandfather died( Grandmother died previously) and left

This answer was rated:

My Grandfather died( Grandmother died previously) and left a will for the Grandkids. Their Son, whom they appointed the Executer of the Estate will not provide us with a copy of the will or Trust. We have asked him on numerous occasions, and he says that we do not need that. We have seen the Will and read it, but have not seen or read what the Trust Says. How can we get a copy of this and make him do what the will states for him to do. The will states that after Grandma & Grandad pass away, the house is to be sold and the money split between the 3 Grandkids and their Son. I need help. It will be 3 years since Granddad passed away this September.
Thanks for your question. You need a lawyer here in the state he died. The lawyer here woudl file a dependent admistration saying no will here since you don't have one. If there is one then he has to file it here at this point

.Your lawyer would represent your interests here and force him to move this long probating the will. You can argue that he should not be the executor if there is a will because she hasn't acted here.

If there is no will then the court can appoint you admisitrator. The estate will have authority to gather assets here, there is a time for making claims, and then it gets distributed here to the heirs. You need a lawyer to file administration here and force the issue..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Ray and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you