How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how to answer motion to attach wages

Customer Question

how to answer motion to attach wages
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
Has a judgement been filed against you? What state?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes a judgement in small claims because I did not show was out of town got my mail to late
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.

If you were not served then you need to file to have the small claims judgment set aside for lack of service. It would just be titled Motion to Set Aside Judgment. Use the same format as the complaint and serve the other party. This is not exactly what you want but will give you a guide.



Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how does this help me to answer the motion to attach
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.

You would answer by requesting that the motion be stayed until your motion to set aside the judgment is heard.


Under Rhode Island law, the maximum amount which can be legally withheld from an employee's wages by an employer is twenty-five (25%) percent of the employee's disposable earnings.

Disposable earnings are defined as the earnings of an individual after deduction of taxes, social security and temporary disability contributions.

Individuals are exempt from attachment for one year if they have collected social security or state assistance.

lwpat and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
You're welcome. The clerk of the court may print out for you a similar case as a guide.