MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

What is the legal definition of Adultery in TN

What is the legal definition of Adultery in TN?
Expert:  MShore replied 8 years ago.
Adultery is not defined within the Tennessee Code, however it is widely accepted by the judiciary to mean sexual intercourse between a married person and a third party.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
In a divorce proceeding .. For someone to prove adultery, what's that defintion?
I'm sure you can't just say he's having an affair, there must be some kind of proof.
Do you know what I mean?
Expert:  MShore replied 8 years ago.
Yes, I understand what you mean. The definition of adultery does not change, and the definition I provided is the one relied on by the courts. In a divorce proceeding the court will look to evidence of the affair to determine whether adultery occurred. The evidence can be in the form of receipts, emails, letters, statements from eye witnesses. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that whether adultery occured, if it is not admitted to, is determed by a preponderence of the evidence (i.e. more likely than not) standard and to make the determination the court will look at all of the evidence.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Okay. Thanks for your help
Expert:  MShore replied 8 years ago.
Not a problem, please remember to click "Accept." Thank you.