How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 57700
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a judge order a safety deposit box to be frozen or ope

Resolved Question:

Can a judge order a safety deposit box to be frozen or opened?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What city and state do you live in?

-Is there a judgment?

-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I live in San Clemente, California We are going through a divorce and he has been non-compliant with my Atty's requets as far as discovery. I now have reason to belive that he is dragging out the process because he is skimming cash from the business. Is there anything legally that can be done here?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
The judge can order it to enforce a payment obligation. Alternatively, to avoid this, offer a payment schedule to satisfy the debt.   
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The judge can order what? What do you mean by "it" I don't know what you are referring to when you say "satisfy the debt.
Once again I ask is there any juristiction over a safety deposit box, when one thinks someone is stealing monies?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
If there is money due and a judgment entered, the judge can order recovery from the safe deposit box. otherwise, the judge cannot.
INFOLAWYER and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you