How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My x-boyfriend owes me money. He invited me to go meet his

This answer was rated:

My x-boyfriend owes me money. He invited me to go meet his 2 daughters out in NM. We both live in VA. and would need to travel to NM. to see them. He said he had a 4500.00 payroll check coming for the trip. He did not get his check when he expected it to come. And waiting was cutting into the time alotted to go see his girls on their x-mas break. I offered to put all expenses on my credit card since he knew the check was on its way. He agree .We left in his Ford 350 diesel pick-up truck to go to NM. I put this diesel fuel, hotel, food and gifts for his girls on my credit card. ( I did this to keep records..just in case ) Anyway,he was telling me he wanted to start a new life together,blah,blah.The credit card bill got to 5k. He surprised me and turned around and gave the 4500.00 to his mom and said he owed her too.He said Don't worry he has jobs and will pay me back. Stopped calling when I put pressure on to start paying it back. I have voicemail from him saying he will pay. Case ??
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

You absolutely have a meritorious case for breach of contract. He owes you his share of the trip expenses.

He obviously has no intention of ever paying you so your only choice is to sue him for breach of contract.

I suggest that you sue him in small claims court.

I wish you the best.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,


LawTalk and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your Accept. I got your message. What else do you need to know?