How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a father wants to test paternity and is not on the actual

Customer Question

If a father wants to test paternity and is not on the actual birth certificate, can he actually take the child without the mothers permission for said testing?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.

Unless he has been legally found to be the father he cannot take the child for testing without her permission or a court order. If he is paying court ordered child support, then he does have that right.


If I have answered your question, an accept and positive feedback is appreciated. Thanks!!!