How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Uncle was arested for asulting my Grandma.My uncle lives

Resolved Question:

My Uncle was arested for asulting my Grandma.My uncle lives with her. The police did not isue a pertection order to keep him away from her when he gets out of jail.This is a case of continuouse abuse.Dont they have to protect my Grandma from further abuse
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 8 years ago.



call the district attorney and explain the situation and state that your grandma feels threatened by your uncle's presence - they will instruct you on how to get the protection order - it involves filing a petition in the local court - but begin by calling the district attorney and speaking to someone in the victim/witness unit. they will help.


the police do not issue no contacts or protection orders. they have to come from the court.



Sam and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you