How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was the subject of a pubic defamation at work in front of

Resolved Question:

i was the subject of a pubic defamation at work in front of my coworkers. should i pursue this legally?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.

In order to recover you will need to prove the statement was false. You will also need to establish how the statement damaged you monetarily. The extent of the financial recovery can depend on whether the individual making the statement knew the statement was false.


If the monetary impact to you is large then you may wish to pursue a claim. If all you want to do is punish the person that made the statement it might be better and easier to talk to HR department.


If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid.


Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Jack R. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you