How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years legal practitioner: real estate, collections, estate, civil, business, and criminal law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

getting sued by credit card company have no money to pay or

Customer Question

getting sued by credit card company have no money to pay or get an attorney
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.
What state are you in? When was the last time you made a payment on this alleged debt? Who is the credit card company?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
over a year mabe close to 2 tried a dept consolidation but they did not pay on card services assigned to arrow financial services
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.

This just prolongs things, but what you should do is send them a verification letter - send them a letter by certified mail, return receipt requested, that you want the debt verified, a copy of the contract and copies of the statements.


Until they send you the information they can't contact you again. However, that does not mean that they can't file suit on the matter if they so desire.


This does give you some breathing room and it will get you copies of the contract and statements so that you can review such.