TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I purchased a used car from Carmax that has spent more time

I purchased a used car from Carmax that has spent more time being repaired than being driven. The last time I took it in for repairs, Carmax flooded and my car suffered what Carmax calls a "water intrusion". I just got an estimate for $3748.00. My deductible is $995.00. Shouldn't Carmax pay the deductible at least? I don't want a claim on my insurance for something that wasnt even my fault. The car wouldn't have been there if they had sold me a car that worked or if they had repaired it correctly.
Expert:  TexLaw replied 8 years ago.
Dear Shea Aggie,

Thank you for submitting your important legal issue to Just Answer. I am pleased to have the opportunity to provide you with an honest and easy to understand answer to your question.

I am an attorney licensed in the State of Texas. The following information is a brief answer to your question. However, if you feel that you need further information or that you have other insights which might help me in providing a better answer, please feel free to write back.

I am sorry to hear about your car troubles. If your car suffered damages while it was in the custody care and control of CarMax, then CarMax should be responsible for those damages. This claim should not be submitted to your insurance company, and the repairs should be paid for by CarMax. CarMax has a duty of reasonable care, to insure that they do all the things that are reasonable to not allow any damages to your car to occur while it is in their possession.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Zachary D. Norris or The Norris Law Firm. For complete legal advice and representation, you should consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your state.