How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NewYorkLaw101 Your Own Question
NewYorkLaw101, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 439
Experience:  10 years civil litigation, no-fault, personal injury, premise liability and municipality law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
NewYorkLaw101 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need help on how can i sue a pastor of a church who his entire

Resolved Question:

i need help on how can i sue a pastor of a church who his entire life he spent touching teens sexually which those girls happen to be his nieces?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  NewYorkLaw101 replied 8 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using Just Answer

Sorry to hear about this situation

I am not sure that based on your question that you have standing to sue the pastor yourself, unless that is you are the niece or if you can prove that you yourself suffered damages. If you believe there is an inappropriate relationship between the pastor and teens, I would suggest that you contact the local authorities so an investigation can be had concerning these allegations. At which point in time, the victims willk be able to sue the church and./or pastor depending upon the facts of the case.

Hope this helps

Have a great day

please remember to press ACCEPT

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i am the niece and so did my sister suffer through this. there are no physical damages but they are psychological damages. all we want is justice and that he don't deserve to be pastor. There are alot of people leaving the church, because the've seen stuff that pastor shouldn't be doing. Do you think i should contact the police and put a claim?
Expert:  NewYorkLaw101 replied 8 years ago.

Sorry to hear about your situation.
since you are the victim, you should contact the local authorities who will likely investigate the matter and see if there can be charges filed against the pastor. It is unclear as to what kind of church this is, however, you should be able to file a claim for psychological damages against the church based on the actions of the pastor. I would suggest that you contact a local attorney before you contact the police. Please be advised that Florida has strict statute of limitations times for when a claim can be asserted for sexual abuse. Therefore, time is of the essence. It is unclear from your question if the abuse is ongoing or if it has stopped. In any event, I would suggest that you contact an attorney immediately.


The attorney will be able to discuss with you your rights and options. If you do not have an attorney, I would suggest that you contact the Dade County Bar Association in your start to look for an attorney they are located at 123 NW 1st Ave # XXXXX Miami, FL 33128(NNN) NNN-NNNN If you request information about any lawyer referral program they will be able to direct you to the right party.


Hope this helps

Good luck in the future

Have a great day and please remember to press ACCEPT

NewYorkLaw101 and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you